POST SHOW REPORT
VICTAM ASIA 2012
15 – 17 FEBRUARY 2012.
VICTAM Asia was co-located with FIAAP Asia and GRAPAS Asia 2012 and was held within Halls 103 and 104 of BITEC (The Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre), Bangkok, Thailand. This exhibition has been held in Thailand every two years since 1991.
The event comprised 166 exhibitors from 29 different countries, the net exhibition floor area was 40% larger than the 2010 show and there were also more exhibiting companies than in 2010.
Once again QUALITY was the word being used to describe the entire event. The visitors described the exhibits as high quality, the exhibitors said the same for the visitors and delegates also confirmed the quality of the conferences.
Almost one third of ALL visitors to the exhibitions were of director level, again demonstrating the high level of the quality and status of the visitors. Many had travelled from all over South & South East Asia. In fact there were visitors from 73 countries.
The exhibitors were asked to complete a survey in order to assess the event and also to assist us as the organizers.
When asked about the general organization of the event the average score, 10 being the highest, was 7.8, an improvement of 0.4 on the 2010 show. This figure takes into account an exceptionally low figure for the wireless internet connection. We have already expressed our concerns to the BITEC management about this and made it clear that it would not be acceptable for future events. The BITEC management have also assured us that the air-conditioned walkway from Bang Na railway station will be completed shortly.
95% of the exhibitors who completed the survey stated that they wished to exhibit again at the event in 2014.
Over the three days of the exhibition there were 6198 visitors to the shows; an increase of 10% on the 2010 event, and over 550 delegates attended the conferences. The visitors came from 73 countries. These figures have been independently audited by an UFI approved auditor appointed by TCEB (Thai Convention & Exhibition Bureau).
- 30.50% of the visitors were CEOs, director or operational director.
- 95% of the visitors intend to visit the shows again in 2014.
The exhibitions provided the perfect platform to launch new products and services to the market.
Almost 30 new products were on show. Some of these were awarded the highly coveted “Innovations Awards”. The winner in the VICTAM category was:
AQUAFEED INNOVATION AWARD – Wenger Manufacturing Inc.
Some visitor quotes:
- “I hope FIAAP/VICTAM/GRAPAS will happen again, I would like it every year.”
- “It was well organised. Thanks to you all.”
- “I enjoyed visiting the exhibition. It was well organised and managed. I believe the next one will be even better.”
The VICTAM exhibition was supported by a number of technical conferences. They are listed below:
- Aquafeed Horizons Asia 2012
- Petfood Forum Asia 2012
- FIAAP Asia 2012
- Biomass Pellets Update Asia 2012
- The Thai Feed Conference 2012
These conferences are organized by independent specialist organizations. We understand that they were organized well and that the delegates were pleased with the venue, the conference programmes and content.
An analysis of the views of the delegates was conducted by one of the conference organizers. The results are shown below:
All the speakers scored “good to excellent” and the delegates also said they would attend a similar conference in the future.
- 75% said the conference met their expectations (25% neutral).
- 82% said they gained information they could apply to their businesses, the remainder were neutral except for one who didn’t agree.
VICTAM INTERNATIONAL has now reserved Halls 103 and 104 again at BITEC for the 2014 event. Unfortunately the exhibition halls were not available in February or March 2014 so for just that year the exhibitions and conferences will be held in April. This will enable the event to avoid Chinese New Year and local public holidays. In 2016 the event will return to in February/early March.
The dates for 2014 are as follows:
- Saturday 5 April
- Sunday 6 April
- Monday 7 April
- Tuesday 8 April
- Wednesday 9 April
- Thursday 10 April
- Friday 11 April
For the future Asian events Victam will undertake additional promotional and marketing programmes. These will include:
- Use of professional social media portals.
- Greater co-operation with relevant and related associations within South and South East Asia.
- Individual visits to each major country within the region, meeting with associations, government departments and agencies, major companies, travel agents, etc.
- Re-design and new name for our newsletter to reflect the broader industry profile of the events. A new newsletter called Showtime should be introduced and this will give specific information on VICTAM shows and conferences as well as include technical articles, etc covering the use of the latest processing technology and formulation for the production of cost effective and safe animal feeds, aquafeeds and dry petfoods.
- Greater co-operation with TCEB (Thai Convention & Exhibition Bureau).